Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Aspect Copywriting’s Services and Aspect Copywriting’s Website.
I pride myself on being helpful and flexible, but these Terms and Conditions help you know what to expect when using my services. I have tried to make them as clear and simple as possible.
Having said that, if anything is unclear, please do ask me. I’ll be happy to clarify.
Introduction and Definitions
By accessing this website and using my services I assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use Aspect Copywriting’s services or website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our”, “I”, ‘Myself’, “The Writer” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves.
All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of United Kingdom. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
1 Use of Aspect Copywriting’s services
- These Terms and Conditions apply to all contracts for the supply of copywriting, copy-editing & proofreading services me to you.
- Before providing freelance services to you, the writer shall submit a proposal containing project ideas, price & time estimates, and I will specify the services to be performed by me to you. You shall inform the writer immediately if you do not agree with the proposal and estimates.
- The proposal/estimate shall be subject to these full Terms and Conditions on this page
- Once the proposal/estimate has been agreed via email, a briefing form will then need to be completed, then you shall receive an agreement form to sign and return to me.
- Copywriting services shall commence once the writer receives email confirmation, a completed briefing form, a signed agreement form of terms that the proposal/estimate is accepted & agreed, and a deposit that has been agreed to in the agreement form (unless stated otherwise).
- I shall use all reasonable endeavours to complete the services within time frames estimated but these are merely estimates and cannot be guaranteed, as is typical for copywriting, copy-editing & proofreading services.
1.2 What do we both agree to do?
As my client, you agree:
- You have the power to enter into contracts and agreements on behalf of your organisation.
- To provide me with everything I need to complete the project, when I need it.
- To review my work, provide feedback and sign-off within agreed timescales.
- To stick to the payment schedule that I provide to you and that you confirm you agree to.
- In the event that you do not make use of any work that I produce for you in accordance with the agreement form, you agree to absolve me of all responsibility for any loss of income or for any costs or damages suffered by you or by any third party as a result of any delay which has been caused to your business or to the business of any third party.
- Should you for any reason fail to maintain communication with me with regard to the services which you have contracted, I will issue an invoice for payment as per our agreed and signed terms in the agreement form. I will consider failure to maintain communication as a period of 21 days in which I do not hear from you, despite sending you at least one email to an address via which we have previously communicated successfully or contacting you via telephone. It is your obligation to ensure you maintain communication through the project duration.
As the writer, I agree:
- I have the experience and ability to perform the services you need from me.
- I will carry this service out in a professional manner.
- I will respect the confidentiality of any information you give me.
1.3 The service I provide to you
I will provide specific services to you as described in the agreement form.
I will deliver the text in the format described in the agreement form.
If your project involves complex web pages, I will include annotated screenshots or use clear descriptions so you can see where the text should sit on the page.
1.4 Changes and revisions
Some clients require me to make some changes to the work I do for them. I provide unlimited revisions. However, if a deadline and/or time scale is agreed, rewriting and editing will only be done until this agreed time frame has ended.
Revisions only apply up to the point where you sign off my work, publish it or begin using it on your website/communications/where it is intended for.
Make sure you are completely happy with the work described in the assignment details section of the agreement form before you sign it. The assignment details may not be changed once this agreement is in place and any revisions, edits or rework must take place within the scope of what’s described there.
The main circumstances in which this situation is likely to occur are if you:
- Decide to redesign the structure of your website or the layout of the pages themselves. For instance, changing the site map or adding extra pages.
- Substantially alter the positioning, features or selling points of the products or services the text describes.
It is best for both of us if I don’t start work until these items have been agreed.
When I have received full and final payment, copyright of the work I produce is automatically assigned to you. You can then use the work however you wish.
However, until final payment is received, copyright of the work remains with me.
I love to show off my work, so I reserve the right to display and link to your completed project as part of my online portfolio. (The link may help your Google ranking a bit, so there’s something in this for you too.)
I believe in hitting deadlines specified in the agreement form, but I can only do this with your help. So I can’t be responsible for a missed deadline if you have been late with a deposit payment, slow to supply materials or not provided feedback to agreed timescales.
I also can’t be responsible for deadlines missed due to circumstances completely beyond my control, like family emergencies, floods, war, acts of god and so on.
Further changes will obviously take extra time. We can agree deadlines for those together, but I’ll do everything I can to meet your needs.
1.7 Fees and Payments
- My payment terms are 30 days from the date of invoice.
- A 50% deposit will be required before any work commences. The only exception is with some small, quick projects or projects with a value of under £400 where I reserve the right to ask for the full amount up front.
- If you are unable to provide a deposit at the time it is requested, the project will be put on hold until you can provide payment. This is non-negotiable.
- I will invoice the remaining payment either at the time of completion and acceptance of the work, or in stages agreed at the time of proposal and service agreement form, if the duration of the project is to be longer than four weeks.
- The service fees & payment schedule shall be as set out in the agreement form.
- You can make payment by bank transfer. Account details will be issued on your invoice.
- If your procedures or policies require that an invoice needs to be submitted against a Purchase Order for payment, you shall be responsible for issuing this Purchase Order before services begin. You agree that this clause shall still apply in the event of any failure to obtain a purchase order and any late payment shall incur interest and charges stated in the bullet point immediately below.
- Debt recovery costs and interest are chargeable in accordance with The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as amended and supplemented by Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002. I shall be entitled to charge interest on overdue invoices from the date when payment becomes due from day to day until the date of payment at the current rate of interest per annum above the current base rate of the Bank of England – see Pay On Time for up to date details.
- If I have not received any feedback or comments after 14 days of submitting work to you (at any stage – the initial draft or subsequent edits), I will assume you are happy the work has been completed and will invoice for the remaining balance.
1.8 Cancelling a contract
If you wish to cancel a project that has been agreed upon in a signed agreement form, I will retain your deposit and I retain the right to request additional payment to cover the work I have done, if I have started. This fee will be based on the percentage of the project completed or the time spent on it. As with my payment terms, payment will be due 30 days after the invoice is issued.
If you wish to cancel an agreement where I requested 100% of the payment up front for a smaller project and payment was received, I reserve the right to retain up to 100% of this total payment depending on how much of the work has been completed.
I will do my best to ensure all facts and statements in my work are true and that it doesn’t infringe upon any copyright or other right of a third party.
However, I can’t be liable to you, or any third party, for damages, including lost profits, lost savings, complaints, claims, litigation or other incidental, consequential or special damages which arise regarding this assignment.
If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
You cannot transfer this contract to anyone else without my permission. This contract stays in place and need not be renewed.
This contract is a legal document under exclusive jurisdiction of English courts.
2 Use of Aspect Copywriting’s website
Unless otherwise stated, Aspect Copywriting and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Aspect Copywriting All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from http://www.aspectcopywriting.co.uk for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from http://www.aspectcopywriting.co.uk
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from http://www.aspectcopywriting.co.uk
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from http://www.aspectcopywriting.co.uk
Redistribute content from Aspect Copywriting (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
2.3. User Comments
Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (‘Comments’) in areas of the website. Aspect Copywriting does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of Aspect Copywriting, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Aspect Copywriting shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
Aspect Copywriting reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to Aspect Copywriting a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorise others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
2.4. Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organisations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organisations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organisations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organisations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organisations:
- Commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organisations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavourably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organisations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organisation does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of Aspect Copywriting; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organisation.
These organisations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are among the organisations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your organisation name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organisations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of (cname)’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
2.6. Content Liability
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libellous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
2.7. Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
2.8. Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Credit & Contact Information
This Terms and conditions page was created at termsandconditionstemplate.com generator. If you have any queries regarding any of our terms, please contact us.